Ampex AM10 Mod
Click Image to Enlarge
Front Panel Controls:
- MIX, MIS+DIR, DIR allow signal to be sent to Mix only, Mix and Direct Out, or Direct Out only
- Phase Reverse Switch
- Mute switch mutes signal to mix, but not Direct Out
- 600 switch engages a 600 ohm load. This switch is to be enaged when the Direct Out signal feeds equipment that does not have 600 ohm input. Output transformers used in this design sound best when terminated with 600 ohms.
Extension Chassis inside view:
- Discreet Opamps are used to buffer Am10 level pot and drive the output transformer.
- Output transformers provide balanced output and warm sound
- Power supply employs toroidal transformer for zero induced hum pickup.