Altec 1567A Completer Mod
Altec 1567A Mic Pre Mixer Mod:
The Altec 1567A….
This Mod came about from customer’s requests to have a more complete set of mic pre controls added on to the 1567A to overcome limitations to actual practical use in music and sound recording.
The Drawbacks :
- All 5 channels mix into to the one output, limiting usefullness in multitrack recording situations. There are no Direct Outs for each input channel.
- No input pad
- No phase reverse
- No phantom power
- No Mute switch
The Solution :
A chassis extension is added underneath the original chassis. The needed extra circuitry is added in the extension chassis and wires run between it and the original chassis. For each channel any or all of the following features can be added:
- Direct Outputs are added for each channel using discreet opamps and output transformers. A 600 ohm load switch adds the needed load when outputs are connected to bridging inputs, which is often the case.
- A -20 db input pad is added
- A phase reverse switch is added
- Phantom power switches and phantom power supply are added
- A mute switch is added.
See Details for more info.
(Price is for modification labor and parts. Does not include unit to be modified.)
(Repairs not included)
- Brand: WPA
- Product Code: WPA-Mod-Altec 1567A
- Availability: In Stock