Ampex MX10, MX35 Mod
Click Image to Enlarge
Front Panel Controls:
- +48 switch turns phantom power on and off.
- -20 switch engage 20 db pad
- Phase reverse switch
- Mute switch mutes signal to the mix bus but not direct out
- Dir-D&M-Mix switch allows selecting to channel to go to Direct Out, Direct Out and Mix, or Mix only (respectively)
- 600 switch engages a 600 ohm load. This switch is to be enaged when the Direct Out signal feeds equipment that does not have 600 ohm input. Output transformers used in this design sound best when terminated with 600 ohms.
Inside view of the Extension Chassis:
- 9 pin dsub connectors mate with same from the MX35 chassis
- Discreet Opamps buffer the MX35 channel level controls and feed the vintage output transformers.
- Power supply with toroidal transformer for zero induced hum.
- 9 pin dsub connectors feed signal to and from the Extension Chassis
- This connector system allows the MX35 and Extension chassis to be separated for service.
- Another view showing MX35 intefaced to Extension Chassis with 9 pin dsub connectors.